Monday, September 10, 2018

Focusing on Christ


Saturday, September 8, 2018


Hello everyone!! So this week not a whole lot happened but I guess I will just get going!

So first off, we continued to teach Suzanna and Gilberto this week. They are progressing really well so we taught them about the Word of Wisdom which was cool. They seemed a bit hesitant at first, but after we went back, Gilberto said that the cevada (a type of drink that is like coffee but healthier) is way better than coffee! Also, I forgot to mention that we did his baptismal interview this week as well and he is getting ready to be baptized tomorrow!! We also did the baptismal interview of Suzanna but she just wanted to go to church at least one more time so it will only be next week for her haha. With other investigators, we are trying to find more so that we can help more people than just two this month haha. So other than the work in the street, there was some work this week in the office. One of my old companions, Elder Oliveira, has some heart problems. Unfortunately, recently he has received newer information and because of this, he had to return home. So I helped him with his ticket and with a whole lot of stuff. It was weird to see a companion that I love have to return home because of a heart problem, but as I talked with him, he was calm. He realized that it is in the Lord’s hands now and that we just need to put our trust in Him. Jesus Christ is our source for peace and counsel. We receive this through prayer, scripture study, serving others, and going to church just to name a few. I now have a stronger conviction to do my best to help others know about this church and to just give my all. I hope that everyone could reflect this week about how much Jesus Christ has done for you and how you can give back.

Amo VocĂȘs,

Elder Joseph A. Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment