Monday, June 19, 2017

Dom de línguas é real! [The gift of tongues is real!]

Olá gente! Está semana foi top jé mais! 
[Hi guys! This week was ________]

First off, I helped with two mudanças (moves/out of a house) and they were interesting! They were both with our district leader and comp in their area but the first one, Elder Pereira cut his finger on the washing machine and he went to sit down after a few minutes and then PASSED OUT! He was sweating and turned white, it was pretty scary in the moment. So we then called Sister Lacerda and she said, "Oh elders that is nothing, just send him home, eat some crackers (or bread I don’t remember) with butter and he should be good.”  Elder Pereira ficou bravo demais! (stayed really mad). That was fun hahaha. 

Next move, we first moved them out of the old apartment and then we had to go up uneven, steep stairs in the other apartment. That was pretty difficult but she fed us afterwards so it is all good. We then had an activity after that move at the church. It was futebol, and it was a BUNCH of fun. It was just jovem [young] investigators so everyone was playing fast and it was good. And after that Diego, 12, said that he wanted to get baptized now. MILAGRE!!! I was sooo stoked to hear this, the Lord truly helps, it was great! 

Also, this week Elder Kzeczik was transferred to Varginha and was transferred with Elder Smith! He is from Draper, Utah and is pretty great. So we have three Americans in our house and I thought that I would hear more English, but I just hear mostly Portuguese, and man, dom de línguas é real! [the gift of tongues is real!] So I have still been reading some things in English and my comp and the other missionaries were constantly saying “Português” (as in “read in Portuguese”) and I would ignore them but they finally seriously said that I would learn more if I stopped. So I did it, and I understand so much more now! I understand the people on the street, in houses, and I understood all the talks this week. 

Speaking of Sunday, Leonardo passed the sacrament this week!!!! It was great to see him to continue to progress in the gospel! Also, we had four investigators at church, and a less active, Gabriel, came to church. He had not been to church for two years and he stayed all three hours! 

Well this week was great and went by super fast. Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment