Monday, November 27, 2017

Service, Service and Helping People Move!

Monday, November 27, 2017

Alô pessoal! Tudo bom?! 

So this week was pretty eventful and filled with fun stuff. 

First, I hit 9 months in Brazil tomorrow! AND I hit 7 months in the same area on Saturday. haha so that has been fun to see how much time I have been here. 

Second, let’s talk about Thanksgiving!! I DID... nothing. I honestly forgot that it was this week and we were reporting our numbers the night of, and one of the other American elders asked Elder Griffin if we did anything and we both looked at each other super confused. Haha so yeah, I forgot about it but that leads me to the service that we gave on Friday! 

So we first helped Irmã Geralda with ​​packing food storage which was fun! I will send the video to my parents to show what we did. (WARNING I’m speaking Portuguese. I didn’t really think about that until after) THEN we helped the family that was making us lunch with cleaning out a storage closet with a BUNCH of stuff. But it all ended well. 

Then we went on Saturday to the house of Sara and Lenildo, who were recently baptized, and helped them with a move! They only moved over two neighborhoods and didn’t have a lot of stuff so it was a piece of cake! The bishop, his councilor (who is also his father in law) and the Quorum President were there so that helped. 

Then on Sunday, we were able to teach this family that is amazing! The father has been to a ton of activities since he was a teenager and knows a lot of the members. So we taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited them to a family home evening tonight. So we will see if they come! Man this was a good, tiring week. Hope everyone has a great week!

Love, 

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment