Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Office - Juiz de Fora


Saturday, July 14, 2018


Alô Pessoal!

This week was fun with miracles, paperwork, and jokes.

First things first, I was able to go to church on Sunday. It was amazing to see some members that I have already seen and that I have already worked with. It was amazing to see them and it was fun there because there was a baptism before the classes started so that was really cool.

Then on Monday, I started to do the spreadsheets of all the numbers of the mission which TOOK FOREVER. Man, I started at about 10:00, I left for lunch and I finished all that I had to do at about 3:30. Man it took forever but it was still cool. It is interesting to look at what the secretaries always were doing (well actually they added this one so I got the pleasure to start with the spreadsheets haha) and that it is now my responsibility. 

Also, something that I got to do during this week was buy the plane tickets of some of my good friends from the mission, which was strange. Everyone that I talked to sounded hurt to hear this news and that their time was ending. It really made me think about how I need to enjoy (desfrute (desfrutar)) my time here while I am still here. I have done a lot during my mission and there is nothing that I want to change and I want to do my best to continue to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. It is an honor to work here and I still have had some great things happen in the field as well.

Yesterday, we were trying to visit a contact when my companion and I felt inspired to visit a house. However, we just said that we would do that after the contact. But the person that we would meet with wasn’t there so we ended up knocking on that door. When they opened, there was a family waiting for us. The young man, already went, the grandma knew who we were and let us in. We taught about the church meetings and the whole family confirmed that they would go! (4 in total. There would be 5 but one of the children would go to her aunt’s house today and won’t be there).  And when we were leaving, the young man, Leonardo waved goodbye and said animatedly, “Até domingo!” (See you Sunday!) 

This time has been amazing and I am excited to continue working here in the office. Hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Joseph A. Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment