Monday, July 9, 2018

Finished Helping With Cars...Now Helping With Visas


Saturday, July 7, 2018


HELLO EVERYONE!! 

So I have not been able to talk to you guys for a little while because 1. I have become the new executive secretary which now my p-day is on Saturday and 2. because this last two weeks have been REALLY busy. 

First things first (and I will try to remember everything but it will be a little hard) on Tuesday the 26th, I helped change the principal [master] cylinder of the brake system in a member’s car, and I changed the oil. haha it was fun but it took forever because we had someone bring the pieces that we wanted but they brought the wrong pieces the first time, and took a little time to show up the second time. But it was fun, and I was able to help change everything just fine. 

Then later in the week, we did splits which was really fun and the elders that we did splits with needed a baptismal interview so we went and did that and HE PASSED! SO there was that, then on Friday, I did splits with a member and we were able to visit some less actives which was interesting. It was weird to see that just not doing the small things led them to stop going to church. They feel good about the church and everything, but just don’t have the same excitement as before (I am talking about one case in specific). 

BUT THEN on Saturday came the big fun. There is a member in Barra Mansa called Carlos (ou Carlão) and his car got hit. I think I already told you guys that we helped to put it back into shape, we put in the front passenger seat in again, and in general helped him out. But we wanted to paint the car, so we gathered money from members from the ward (and his wife and daughter as well without him knowing) and in ONE DAY, we sanded his car, beat his car into shape, put on plaster, and we painted and varnished the whole car. MAN DID IT TURN OUT GREAT and when we surprised him with the car he was super happy! It was amazing to be able to see that. 

When we painted the car, we were in an area that didn’t have any signal, so when we came back we had 8 missed calls from President Lacerda. So after my heart stopped we called for him, and he asked to talk with me. As we talked, he started to talk about when he was a missionary and that the best time was when he was the executive secretary, and then he told me that he prayed a lot and asked me to be the next executive secretary, so that was really humbling and exciting. But then that came the fun part, he told me that I would leave the next day at 2:00 after church. So when I got back at home, I packed my stuff, then on Sunday, I said bye to everyone, and waited at the bus station with a member until I got my bus. 

Then I went to Juiz de Fora! It has been weird to come back to this city but when I got here, I ran into some members that I have known during my 9 months in the Bairu ward. But as I arrived, I met my new companions, Elder Papalino and Elder Chugg!! It was really fun to see them again and it will be fun to work with them. So then we went immediately to the mission office, where we started to work on the transfers of everyone else, that actually President moved at 5:00 (And I got there at 6:00). After, this week has been super busy with the missionaries that were leaving, missionaries coming into the mission, and dealing with their visas. Then, we had a meeting with President, the leadership council, and I did an inventory of the deposit where we keep all of our materials.

So yeah, this week has been really busy but I am animated to be here and help the mission in a new way now. I hope everyone has a great week!

Amo Vocês,

Elder Joseph A. Kupferer






No comments:

Post a Comment