Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Baptism on P-Day


Saturday, August 18, 2018


Oi meus queridos! 

Well this week has been really really busy but as well REALLY GOOD! I don’t even know where to start but let us start with Sunday. So on Sunday, we got the two new assistants to the president, Elder Crandall and Elder Campos. Elder Crandall already served as the executive secretary and Elder Campos was my companion in Barra Mansa so that was amazing to see them again. We then after church, worked on the logistics of the transfers!!! Haha, so what I do is basically take a zone and just plan out all of the travel plans of that missionary. And there is usually something that changes the whole plan but it is cool to try and figure it out.  

On Monday, we did a bunch of stuff haha. Well, first off, President moved the transfer one more time so we needed to move a few plans real quick. Then, I sent out the Jornal of the mission, planned for the next day for the arrivals, and then we went to eat with the people that were leaving (oh I also checked them in for their flights haha). There were only two people leaving so it was interesting to see that. But it was good, and everything went great. 

On Tuesday, however, is when all the fun began. So there was 13 missionaries arriving with 10 being foreign. SOOO I had to meet all of them at the notary office and go one by one, sign some papers so that we could just authenticate a document that I will use to search their identities at the federal police. After that, we went to the mission house to eat lunch and then I went and went over the slides with President Lacerda of all the trainers and trainees. It was really cool to see that because I could see revelation happen right in front of me when he moved some people around. It has been really fun to be able to work that close to my mission president. So after that, the trainers showed up and we all bore our testimonies and then I helped the foreigners sign more papers back in the office haha. 

Then on Wednesday through Friday, it has been pretty busy with catching up with stuff in the office, resolving urgent things, marking doctor appointments, and with all that unfortunately, we weren’t able to leave the office a whole lot to go proselyting. That was a bit tough until today this morning!! On Sunday, Eliani had her interview and passed to be baptized so Saturday night we filled up the baptismal font, and this morning (on P-day which will probably be the best P-day of my mission), Eliani was baptized. It was spectacular because I have seen how she has fought for this. She is working almost every day, almost never has a break, trying so hard to keep her and her husband happy and secure (because Sebastião can’t really work now) and how the Lord has blessed her as she has tried to seek him. So yeah, tonight we will have a festa Agostina which is just a party that they have. What it is about, I don’t know but it will be great to integrate some members with investigators. 

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Amo Vocês,

Elder Kupferer






No comments:

Post a Comment