Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Casamento


Saturday, August 4, 2018


Alô tudo mundo!! 

So this week has been filled with a good amount of different things.  

First things first, there was a wedding that happened this week! His name is Geraldo, and he has been investigating the church for about two years. The only thing that was holding him back was that he was living with his wife but wasn’t married legally yet (so not really wife but oh well haha). But that all changed on Thursday! The Assistants are teaching them but everyone has been really involved with his progress in the church, I even taught a lesson with him! I was in Leopoldina at that time and he was there with another maintenance worker (who is a member, Antônio) and they were there working on the church building and were passing by in the street when we saw them. We called them over and explained them that we were going to teach a lesson, and they joined along! It was an amazing experience and for all this time, I thought that he was a solid member. So, how great was my surprise that I received that he wasn’t a member but was getting married in the registry on Thursday. So, we went to the registry and saw them sign the papers, and then the Integration Night was basically their wedding reception! It was amazing, and tonight is his baptism. It was such a great experience.

The second thing is that this is my first week starting to work alone as the Executive Secretary. Elder Johnson (who was my zone leader in Teresópolis) went home this week because he extended his time a little bit. So because of this, his companion would not have a, well, companion, so President Lacerda called our district leader, Elder Azevedo to be his new companion. Which meant that, Elder Chugg is our new district leader!! That basically means that he is still there if I have any question, but now I am basically taking over everything. So it has been really cool to do this because I am starting to get excited every time I am doing something by myself or if there is something new that shows up and I resolve it hahaha. It is strange, but I am joyful to be here and I know this is where I need to be at this time. 

So, I hope everyone has a great week! Oh, and congratulations to my Uncle John for going through the temple for the first time!!

Amo Vocês,

Elder Kupferer





No comments:

Post a Comment