Sunday, August 26, 2018

It Never Gets Dull


Saturday, August 25, 2018


So this week was really full!! 

On Monday, I did the weekly spreadsheets that I do every week, but then I had to prepare the materials for every zone because the was a Mission leadership council on Tuesday, which was cool. We talked about how we all need to be examples of the work. We need to be 100% obedient so that the blessings will come! God has so many blessings for us we just need to work for them.

So there was that and then that night, there was an elder coming home from his mission so we had to be in the mission office for that because he lives in a district. And because of that, he is disobliged (I think hahaha) [we’re pretty sure he means “released”] by one of the Mission President’s councilors, Presidente Carvalho. We then woke up early the next morning so that we could go to the bus station with him and buy his ticket to go home. When we got back to the office, I started to learn a little more how to do this federal police stuff haha and just did stuff around the office.

Friday was something interesting.  So there is an elder here that was born in the United States but his parents are Brazilian so he is a citizen here. So I went to the federal police to try to make him a Brazilian identity, but when I got there, I needed to actually go to a notary office first, because I needed a form that I never heard that existed. So we went to the first notary office (the same one that I am using to take the new missionaries to authenticate documents) and they told me that I needed to go to a different notary office that does this form. So I went there, and I didn’t have all that they wanted so I basically resolved nothing haha. I just walked around in circles trying to figure out what to do and then I didn’t even finish what I needed to. Then when I got back in the office, I actually needed to sign up for a different site so that our mission president could sign documents for the visas. So yeah, Friday was busy hahaha. But it has been good.

We have also found lots of people to start teaching, we had a meeting with our ward mission leader, we found a less active that will bring his son this Sunday, and we will be there when Eliani gets confirmed! Oh and side note, her husband Sebastião is in the hospital so if you guys can pray for him, that would be great. Have a great week!

Amo Vocês,

Elder Joseph A. Kupferer

PS  Oh yeah! We also went to the hospital this week because one of our investigators and his wife had a baby! We called them out of the blue to see if she was born, and we found out that she was born that day a few hours ago! We then asked where the hospital was, and they said São Matheus which was exactly where we were going!!! So instead of telling them, we just went hahaha. But they loved that we went so it was super cool!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete