Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Welcome to Grajaú 2

So this has been a really interesting week. So first off, right as I sent the previous email from last week, my trainer gets a call from President Lacerda (but he only said President so I thought he meant Branch President) and as soon as he hangs up, he says, "Well, we are being transfered." I honestly did not believe him but we were having an emergency transfer to Grajaú 2 which is in the city of Juiz de Fora because apparently the bishop called the mission president and said that he needed more missionaries. So President Lacerda prayed and thought of us. So after I finally started getting some great investigators that I felt that we had some great progress with, we got transfered but God has a plan for each of us and we are apparently needed here so we packed all of our stuff and we moved out. The night we arrived, we had a meeting with the bishop and I think his councilors so that was fun because I barely understood anything but it is great. We moved in with two different missionaries which is always fun. They are cool and will help us with the area. It is just tough because our area book had barely any good information so we were basically starting from scratch but the Lord has helped along the way and we have run into some great people that I feel that have great potential including this one guy that had been taught 8 years ago and wanted a tri (the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) so that was awesome. We had someone help get that and will give that to him soon. Other than that we have been just working hard. The members are good, possible investigators are great, and we just are trying to love every minute! Talk to you guys later! I would send pictures but this LAN House doesn’t really send them that well so until next week! 

Love, 

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment