Monday, January 29, 2018

Root Beer, Floods, Eggs, and Marking Baptism Dates


Hey everyone!! So first things first, we made root beer! Haha so I got my Christmas box last week and there was root beer concentrate so I and the other three Americans made some root beer and it was amazing! I have not tasted that for about 11 months (é claro né?) so it was great to taste it once more. Also, I bought a new shirt and hat for my birthday and the elders in my district got me a mug with a bunch of bands that I love so that was amazing. THEN on Tuesday, there was a flood! There started a thunderstorm which led to a lot of rain which led to half the city filling up with water! It was insane to see all this water which made me worry that the same thing would happen that happened in 2011 (just look up Teresópolis 2011 and you will see) but nothing happened so that is good. THEN on my birthday we had an activity that was amazing, but at the end everyone went out and.... I got a few eggs to the head. So apparently it is a tradition here that when it is your birthday you get an egg to the head so that is what happened. Haha it was definitely a new experience. So finally, on Sunday, there was a rapaz (young man) that brought his friend to church and we started talking to him about baptism and then after church we talked to him about baptism and we marked a date!! It was incredible and we will continue to work with him. 

Oh side note, when I woke up on my birthday my companion decorated our apartment and sang happy birthday which was amazing.... if I wasn’t so tired. hahaha but it was sweet.

I hope everyone has an amazing week!

Elder Kupferer

PS We celebrated my birthday with Subway as well. It was great.






No comments:

Post a Comment