Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Walking All the Way to Petropolis (Almost)

Monday, February 19, 2018

Alô!!!

So this week was amazing and full of adventure. So first off, we did splits on Wednesday with Elder Cruz (my group) and Elder Souza. So I took Elder Souza to the country just to knock on doors, do contacts and just start more work out there because there are a lot of good people there. HOWEVER, when we got to the first neighborhood, Imbiu, I felt a distinct impression to go visit Maria Gouveia. Only thing about that is that Maria lives in Vale Alpino which is more or less 2 hours walking. But I have learned to follow the Spirit so.....off we went.

So as we were going, we did some contacts, taught a lesson to a new investigator Sandro, and continued to walk. As we were walking we would just pick goiaba (guava) and acerola (that’s the name, like a cherry) on the way. Oh, and on the way two dogs thought it would be cool to follow us so that was pretty sweet as well. But anyway, we continued walking until a bridge that had a right (to Vale Alpino) and a left and I went.....left. I continued to walk and walk, I passed an ice cream factory, one more dog, and just kept going until a motorcycle pulled up next to us and asked if we were lost. I said that we were trying to find Maria Gouveia and he said, "Uau, você está muito ferrado" (You are really screwed). So he apparently is an inactive member that told us that we picked the wrong road that would lead to Itaipava, which is in Petropolis, and that we only had time now to take the bus back to the city. So, I felt pretty down about myself when we were heading back because I felt we wasted our time but then a miracle happened. We were waiting and a car pulled up asking if we wanted a ride. We said of course (now, alright I know this might not sound the best but I already have seen them in church so I thought we were safe) and we hopped in. It turns out it was a sister of the church that usually gives us money for lunch, but now she told us where she lives so that we can visit them and that next time we will eat all-you-can-eat pizza. So I learned that we should always follow the Spirit, even though the outcome won’t be the same as you thought.

So I ran out of time because I wrote this story so I will just leave one thing that happened on Sunday. I was walking to the stake center (I was about 20 minutes away still) and it started to pour! I also thought that I didn’t have my umbrella (but it turned out that I had one haha) so I walked the rest of the way to the stake center just getting poured on and I was SOAKED by the time I got there. I didn’t dry off completely until I got home, and this was because I got out of the wet clothes. So that was fun.

I hope everyone has an amazing week.

Amo Vocês, 

Elder Kupferer





No comments:

Post a Comment