Monday, March 5, 2018

I Can't Leave this Place


Hey how is everyone doing?

So this week has been an adventure. First off, I hit my one year mark!! I can’t believe how fast that has happened. It feels like yesterday that I got on the plane to come here and now I am one year in Brazil. But something happened in the middle of the week.... I got transferred. It was a bit of a bummer because it didn’t have any time to say goodbye to everyone but I packed everything and left Thursday morning. And this would be the end of the story getting to Juiz de Fora but no, there was a good amount of other stuff that happened.

So, when I was trying to pay my ticket, I had to show my Brazilian identity, but the paper I had expired. I already renewed my VISA but the problem was that I would get a card to replace the paper but it never showed up. SO the lady wouldn’t let me buy a ticket. And with all that, I and my friend that was being transferred with me, Elder Bledsoe, did not have a cell phone. SO we tried to buy a card to use the public phone but there weren’t any left. Then we went to the information desk and they said that the best option is to go to the police. SO they kindly watched our bags as we went to the military police (the normal police there) and asked if we could use their phone. One of them let us use their personal phone, we made the call, we got a copy of my passport to see if that would work, and we returned. BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. So we just used the phone of a guy that let us use his phone in the bus station to call for our president, who said go to Três Rios then go to Juiz de Fora. Oh and the whole problem was that I can’t travel across state borders unless I have my identity so we went to try to cross the state border in Três Rios (which is still the state of Rio) AND.... IT WORKED!!! Man that was one of the longest days and was one of the happiest times of my life when I arrived in Juiz de Fora. 

What happened next is that we helped a bit in the staff and then we received our new assignments yesterday and I will go to....... BAIRU!! DE NOVO! I will return to the same area that I served before I went to Teresópolis but I am excited because my new companion, Elder Ogden is really cool, and my district will be amazing. But seriously, I can’t leave this place hahaha. Anyways, I hope that everyone has a great week!!

Amo Vocês, 

Elder Kupferer

No comments:

Post a Comment